APC Competition # 2016-08-01
APC Employment Opportunity
Health Project Manager
(Full Time Term Position until March 31st, 2017)
Description: Provide project management services for mental wellness change process for community based mental wellness workers and systems transformation.
Who Can Apply: Applicants should possess a relevant post-secondary Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution. A combination of comparable, relevant and recent education and experience will also be considered.
Experience: Applicants must have at least 3-5 years of experience working with First Nations in the area of health. The candidate should also demonstrate experience in developing and implementing work plans.
Abilities & Skills:
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Email, Outlook, browsers, etc.
• Knowledge of First Nation communities and organizations in the region.
• Strong organization, communication, time management and writing skills.
• Strong office management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Ability to speak Mi’kmaq or Maliseet would be an asset
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Coordinate First Nations Control Models Working Group monthly meetings;
• Completion and revision of minutes and circulation of approved minutes to working group and communities as required;
• Completion of First Nations control models/governance research;
• Work on Health files as assigned by the Director of Health;
• Dissemination of health material to communities, health directors, nurses, health technicians and Chiefs;
• Completion of community engagement/outreach sessions in order to promote the regional mental wellness change process initiative;
• Ensure that Sharepoint, Health shared drive, and webpage are up to date as requested by supervisor; and,
• Other duties requested by supervisor.
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience (within APC salary grid).
Location: Cole Harbour, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Start date: As soon as possible until March 31st, 2017
Closing date: August 18th, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time
If you are interested and qualified and want to become part of the APC team, please email in Word or PDF format only, the following documents:
- a detailed cover letter explaining how you meet the position requirements and salary expectations (please quote APC competition #2016-08-01 in the cover letter);
- an updated resume;
- recent writing sample; and
- the names/contact information of three work related references.
No applications will be accepted beyond the closing deadline. Interviews will be held in Dartmouth, NS. No interview or relocation costs will be provided. No phone calls please emails only. If all qualifications are equal, preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click link for pdf copy.
|APC Health Project Manager||155.65 KB|