Please click the "BLUE HYPER LINKS" to access the NB POWER Website for further information. This is not an EGFN community job position.
(5) Regular Positions
Energy Control Center
Competition # E18816-2020
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe and sustainable energy. We’re committed to a vision of sustainable energy for future generations. Why? Because we’re New Brunswickers too. We have over 2,600 employees across New Brunswick who are dedicated to where they live and work. Together, we deliver energy solutions to more than 350,000 New Brunswickers at home, work and in their community.
The Distribution System Operator is responsible of the reliable operation of the provincial distribution primary electrical system and ensures the safety and protection of personnel, including the general public, and equipment in compliance with all operating rules, regulations, and practices.
- Direct all switching operations on the distribution primary electrical system. This includes preparing, approving, and issuing switching plans (hold-offs, work permits, etc) to complete both planned and unplanned work.
- Provide timely restoration of service during interruptions by assessing the criticality of incidents, allocating resources according to priorities, performing analysis and interpret the results to prepare a restoration plan (using tools available such as CYME, VISTA, etc.) and execute the restoration plan utilizing field resources.
- Maintain the distribution primary system model accurately by reviewing and approving distribution line changes and ensuring that the model is updated to reflect changes to the primary system as they occur.
The successful candidate will possess one of the following qualifications:
- Diploma Technology Power Engineering
- Diploma Technology Engineer Electrical
- Diploma Technology Industrial Controls
- Diploma Technology Engineer Electronic - Industrial Controls
- BSc Engineering Electrical
- BSc Engineering Power
- Assistant Engineering CQ
- Power System Tech course
- NERC Certified Power System Operator
- Powerline Technician CQ
- Power Plant Operator with Stationary Engineering 2nd class or Switchboard Operators CQ
A minimum of 4 years of experience in one or a combination of the areas listed below. (Applicants who have completed year 1 of the Power Line Technician course, in addition to the required education listed above, only need 1 year of experience):
- Electrical utility environment
- Power system simulation software (e.g. PSSE, CYME)
- Electrical design of high voltage equipment
- Engineering drafting/design with electrical and industrial components
- Power System Control Centre
*** The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete the Distribution System Operator training program and to achieve and maintain a New Brunswick Certificate of Qualification.
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
This process is being conducted strictly to form an Eligibility List to ensure offers can be made at a later date.
The Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months, and could be used interchangeably with competition # E18811-2020.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your degree(s) and certificate(s) are attached to your online application.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Andrea Laskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.
Closing date: 11:59 p.m. AST, June 20, 2020
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity