Mechanic, Repair Shop
Closing Date: 11:59 p.m., April 16, 2020
One (1) Regular Position
Marysville Operating Center - Fredericton
Competition # E18777-2020
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe and sustainable energy. We’re committed to a vision of sustainable energy for future generations. Why? Because we’re New Brunswickers too. We have over 2,600 employees across New Brunswick who are dedicated to where they live and work. Together, we deliver energy solutions to more than 350,000 New Brunswickers at home, work and in their community.
As part of the Fleet Services team, the Mechanic, Repair Shop role is responsible to provide road-side services for Transmission working groups. The Mechanic, Repair Shop supports the safety and reliability of fleet equipment assets in the field and in the shop ensuring minimal loss-time on equipment allowing for increased uptime and improved equipment reliability.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Addressing and repairing any equipment failures in the field
- Providing equipment repairs and maintenance in the Shop (Fredericton)
- Working with Original Equipment Manufacturers on engineered repair procedures to support equipment failure or recalls
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certification of completion of the CUFC Hydraulic Training Program
- Certification as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 5E) with air-break indorsement
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working on Hydraulic Systems
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with the Fleet Maintenance Program
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
An Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your diploma/certificate are attached to your online application.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Lynnsey Pringle at:
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.
Closing date: 11:59 p.m. AST, April 16th, 2020
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity
Click this link to APPLY: