Please click the "BLUE HYPER LINKS" to access the NB POWER Website for further information. This is not an EGFN community job position.
Energy Control Center
Competition # E18811-2020
At NB Power, we work hard every day to provide reliable, safe and sustainable energy. We’re committed to a vision of sustainable energy for future generations. Why? Because we’re New Brunswickers too. We have over 2,600 employees across New Brunswick who are dedicated to where they live and work. Together, we deliver energy solutions to more than 350,000 New Brunswickers at home, work and in their community.
The Power System Operator is responsible for the reliable operation of the integrated electrical system in the reliability footprint and ensures the safety and protection of personnel and equipment in compliance with all North American Electrical Reliability Council (NERC) standards, the North East Power Coordinating Council (NPCC) directories.
- Direct all switching operations on the transmission electrical system. This includes preparing, approving and issuing switching plans (hold-offs, work permits, etc.) to complete both planned and unplanned work for the Maritimes area.
- Monitor and maintain all transmission voltage levels by controlling various apparatus in the field via SCADA, and/or instructions to field personnel and make adjustments as needed.
- Provide timely restoration of service during interruptions by assessing the criticality of incidents, allocating resources according to priorities, performing analysis and interpret the results to prepare a restoration plan using SCADA, EMS, Work Permit Hold Off system, SharePoint, etc. and execute the plan utilizing field resources.
The successful candidate will possess one of the following qualifications:
- Diploma Technology Power Engineering
- Diploma Technology Engineer Electrical
- Diploma Technology Industrial Controls
- Diploma Technology Engineer Electronic - Industrial Controls
- BSc Engineering Electrical
- BSc Engineering Power
- Assistant Engineering CQ
- Power System Tech course
- Distribution System Operator CQ
- Powerline Technician CQ
- Power Plant Operator with Stationary Engineering 2nd class or Switchboard Operators CQ
A minimum of 4 years of experience in one or a combination of the areas listed below:
- Electrical utility environment
- Power system simulation software (e.g. PSSE, CYME)
- Electrical design of high voltage equipment
- Engineering drafting/design with electrical and industrial components
- Power System Control Centre
***The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete the Power System Operator training program and to achieve and maintain certification through the North America Electric Reliability Council (NERC certified).
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be modified.
This process is being conducted strictly to form an Eligibility List to ensure offers can be made at a later date.
The Eligibility List generated from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level within a period of up to 12 months, and could be used interchangeably with competition # E18816-2020.
Please ensure a resume and a copy of your degree(s) and certification(s) are attached to your online application.
For questions concerning this job opening please contact Andrea Laskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only applications submitted through the NB Power website will be considered, as the showing of our postings on various websites may not have been requested or approved.
Closing date: 11:59 p.m. AST, June 20, 2020
NB Power is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity